Homes in Addis Property Management offers a full range of property management services tailored to you as an investor, homeowner, or landlord.
You’ll have the peace of mind knowing that your investments are being managed in a professional and efficient manner. We’re confident that our expertise can eliminate most of the hassles that may arise.
EVALUATE THE PROPERTY AND DETERMINE AN ACCURATE RENTAL RATE
- Perform detailed documentation of the interior and exterior including photos
- Offer recommendations on repairs and cosmetic improvements that maximize monthly rent while providing good ROI.
- Determine the optimal rental rate of your property using firstly the rental rates collected from landlords whey they register their properties ready for rent or sale and the recently rented comparables of the same property in size and type
- Discuss with owners the pros and cons of different policies such as accepting pets, allowing smoking etc.
- Install a lock box
MARKET THE PROPERTY FOR RENT
- Prepare home for rent
- Clean home and optimize interior appeal
- Manicure landscaping to increase curb appeal
- Change the status of the property to Ready for Rent on our data base
- Find a tenant
- Provide a 24-hour hot-line where prospective tenants can listen to detailed information about the property. In this case, 8895 short code is a 24-hour service.
- Meet prospective tenants for showings throughout the week and weekend.
- Provide prospective tenants with rental applications that are legally compliant with fair housing law
TENANT SCREENIING AND SELECTION
- Perform a background check to verify identity, income, rental history, etc.
TENANT MOVE IN
- Draw up leasing agreement
- Confirm move in date with tenant
- Review lease guidelines with tenant regarding things like rental payment terms and required property maintenance
- Ensure all agreements have been properly executed
- Perform detailed move in inspection with tenant and have tenants sign a report verifying the condition of the property prior to move-in.
- Collect deposit slip confirmation of advance payment into owner's account
- Receiving deposit slip
- Hunting down late payments
- Sending out pay or quit notices
- Enforcing late fees
- Filing relevant paperwork to initiate and complete an unlawful detainer action
- Representing owner in court
- Coordinating with law enforcement to remove tenant and tenants possessions from unit
- Advise in the event of a legal dispute or litigation
- Refer owner to a qualified attorney when necessary
- Understand and abide by the latest local, state and federal legislation that apply to renting and maintaining rental properties.
- Perform periodic inspections (Inside and outside) on a predefined schedule looking for repair needs, safety hazards, code violations, lease violations, etc.
- Send owner periodic reports on the condition of the property
- Make payments on behalf of owner (Mortgage, insurance, HOA dues, etc.)
- Detailed documentation of expenses via invoices and receipts
- Maintain all historical records (paid invoices, leases, inspection reports, warranties, etc.)
- Provide annual reporting, structured for tax purposes as well as required tax documents including
- Advise owner on relevant tax deductions related to their rental property
- Provide easy to read monthly cash-flow statements which offer a detailed breakdown of income and itemized expenses
MAINTENANCE, REPAIRS, REMODELING
- Provide and oversee an in-house maintenance crew when required
- Establish a preventative maintenance policy to identify and deal with repair needs
- Assign jobs to different parties (in-house employees, handyman and professional contractors) based on who will do the best job for the best price.
- Maintain outdoor areas
- Provide recommendations on how the project can maximize rental income.
- Act as general contractor overseeing the work
TENANT MOVE OUT
- Inspect unit and fill out a report on the property's condition when the client moves out
- Provide tenant with a copy as well as estimated damages
- Return the balance of the security deposit to the tenant
- Forward any portion of the owner’s portion of the tenant deposit to the owner or hold in owner reserves for repairs.
- Clean unit and perform and needed repairs or upgrades
- Re-key the locks
- Put the property back on the market for rent a month before following the notice of the tenant that he/she leaves the house
There won't be any charge whenever we get your property leased since we use our own platform, free of charge, to lease any property within the country. In other words, neither the tenant nor the landlord pays commission.